Friday, September 29, 2006

Out of the mouth of babes...

Tonight was one of those nights where we waited just a moment too long to get dinner together, and the kids went wacky. What parent doesn't know that one? So I, Papa C decide to go out and fetch a dinner pre-made. One that I know the kids will love, and that will take some of the pressure off of Mama C.

As I come waltzing through the front door, returning from the dinner errand, Giggles (the observant one) notices the bags in my hand and comes running up with a scream and a big hug with arms wrapped around my legs...

"Oh thank you daddy, that was sooo generous!"

We didn't quite tear up, but both Mama and I had huge smiles on our faces as we laughed. How these children absorb our words and phrases never ceases to amaze me. They just intuitively grasp the context of certain things, and yet other things they have to hear a hundred times before you finally see the result.

Thank God for those little moments that make it all so worthwhile.

PC

5 comments:

Papa Chanoli said...

This is a test comment to make sure my rss feed is working corectly.

Anonymous said...

How nice of you to give Mama C a break. I know she thought your bags of food were sooooo generous as well!

~Howiesgal

Papa Chanoli said...

8)

It was one of those nights when even a bonehead like me could see she needed a break.

Nan said...

That is priceless. I love kids quotes. :^D
Nan

Anonymous said...

That is soooo cute! Our kids teach us so much don't they! Just precious! Give the gang...Chuckles, Giggles and Silliness a big hug for us! Miss you all so much! And keep posting...we enjoy hearing stories from the Chanoli household....it always puts smiles on our faces!

Melanie