Saturday, October 07, 2006

--<<( Smiles )>>--

It does my heart good to hear from you Melanie and Nan. I have resolved myself to be more diligent in paying attention to the things the little ones do and say so that I can post it here. Mama Chanoli calls herself a blogette because she likes to read but doesn't like to post, so I have taken up the torch and we'll see how far I get with it. Our love to you both and your families.

Todays funniness is watching the little ones learn the Nicene Creed. Giggles can't quite wrap her little mouth around the words "visible and invisible." It comes out more like "vibido and imbibido."

I can hardly get her to not dance while she says the words too, but today she said the first three lines with very little help.

God bless you all.

PC



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The God of the Bible and the Christ are my first love and loyalty. Next to God, come Mama Chanoli, Chuckles, Giggles and Silliness. Next to them come my dear brothers and their families.

One among us needs your prayers. Please link to http://www.welovekaren.blogspot.com for current prayer request updates.

Our family thanks you.
Papa Chanoli

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hurray for Giggles! You go girl!

Melanie

Marie said...

I found that making them stand still to memorize was not always ideal. Sometimes using physical movement (like for "visible" she could open up her hands, and "invisible" she could close them up again) helps the little fellers remember things.

Papa Chanoli said...

Shucks Marie, you'd know. I'll try it. The hard part is that she gets distracted by the dancing and such. Maybe letting her go a bit will help her absorb the words though. I'll experiment with that a bit and keep you posted.

Nan said...

That's so cute!! You all are better than we. We really need to get our kids memorizing stuff. *I'm thinking catechism and scripture for now* How do you all go about doing it and somehow keeping their attention? I don't want it to be a horrible bore for them so that they hate it. You know?
I'm enjoying reading about the kiddos.
Nan

Papa Chanoli said...

Two things. We keep it short and don't try to expect their attention span to be very long. I'd guess we spend two or three minutes with each one per night, but only most nights. We do it when they have been fed and aren't too tired. We try not to expect more than a child their age can put out. We do try to get them to say it all at least once without adding words or mispronouncing...within reason. My goal is to get them to do it with excellence. Of course, what I'd call excellent for a four or two year old is alot different from what I'd call excellent for an eight year old.
That does seem to be enough for them to pick it up though. When they're in good form they can say the first 5 lines and they've only been at it for less than two weeks.

God bless

Anonymous said...

I have very talented grandchildren. Chuckles knows how to call a spade a spade....