Saturday, October 21, 2006

G-g-g-Giggles

Giggles took a bath tonight. Actually she took her second bath, but tonight during dinner she decided to rub mayonnaise in her hair so she scored another soaking.

The best way I know to get Chuckles out of the bath is to subtly change the water to cold until he asks to get out. (It's easier when it's his choice.)

I tried the same technique on Giggles, but with unexpected results. As the water got colder she just acted like it wasn't happening. She'd fill her bath-toy cup up at the spout and dump it over her legs with a shiver and a giggle as she looked up at me saying, "That's very warm daddy!"

Needless to say, I had to see how far she'd go with it, so I gradually made the water colder. I admit, the girl's got a stubborn streak. I had it full on cold and all she did was get a little reluctant to pour it on her legs until she looked up at me with a slight tint of blue coming over her, "I think I'm done with my bath now" she said. Standing there with a nice thick towel to warm her, I asked if she wanted to dump the water on her legs one more time. She didn't look too thrilled about the idea, but she did it.

I guess it's ok to be a little nervous about how that characteristic will play out when she's a teen. I think I'll pray about that one tonight.

For now it's cute.

I bet that nice towel felt good.



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


One among us needs your prayers. Please link to http://www.welovekaren.blogspot.com for current prayer request updates.

Our family thanks you.
Papa Chanoli


4 comments:

Marie said...

"The best way I know to get Chuckles out of the bath is to subtly change the water to cold until he asks to get out. (It's easier when it's his choice.)"

I wonder if the good Lord employs similar techniques with us sometimes!

Papa Chanoli said...

Wow. I like that question. I would say yes, with certainty. I think one good example could at times be called Irresistable Grace, though that is by far not the only example.

I love the comments that make me think.

Our love to you and yours,
PC

Anonymous said...

Mayo in the hair huh? I have been told that that makes a great conditioner...but then at that age she doesn't have to be worrying about that! LOL! You are pretty sneaky changing the water temp to get the kiddos out of the bath....will have to remember that one.

Anonymous said...

Dude,
I don't laugh out loud at much I read on the Internet but this blog did it. Mrs. Dutchman had to turn her DVD off for a second to see what I was laughing about. Keep up the humor and spirit bro! See you Sunday.

the flying dutchman
aka Scott