Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Woops

Mama Chanoli doesn't like it when use the word "fart." She has good reason to, as demonstrated by last night at the dinner table. I just have a hard time bringing myself to use her alternative, "boomies."

Last night Chuckles, at the dinner table no less said, "I farted."

I hung my head.

Mama looked at him after giving me a look I could call chastisement and then asked him, "Was that you?."

He nodded.

She asked, "Or was it that car outside?" to which he started chuckling and said, "yeah," with a sideways glance back at her and another good chuckle.

Mama started laughing, which caused what must have been a startled expression on my face after the look I got from her but I was laughing to.

In explanation Mama said, "I think he just cracked his first joke!"

That's my boy.

3 comments:

Nan said...

We have issues with the words "Fart" and "Butt." But the problem is, we don't know what our problem is. My Mom had major problems with both of those terms as well. We haven't found a proper alternative though.

The fact is, we (grown ups) say "butt" and feel comfortable with that term. But hearing it from a child sounds worse for some reason. I don't know why.

I told my husband we better decide once and for all if we are okay with these terms or not so that we don't have a double standard going on. I prefer just to let it go and use these terms as I can't find a suitable reason not too.

Chuckles is so funny! :^D Watch out btw, four year olds make notoriously really unfunny jokes but you are obliged to laugh.
Example:
"Hey Mom! What did the nails use to build their house?"
"I don't know son, what?"
"NAILS!! HA HA HA!! GET IT???"
(Groan.)

or

"Why did the pig cross the road?"
"I don't know. Why?"
"Because he wanted to run and buff into the other side."
???

:^D
Nan

Anonymous said...

Put a stamp on that boy and send him to grandma. I think he has a wonderful sense of humor. It's a shame to pretend non of us know we all do it...or excuse me...I guess it was that car out there. It's just the beginning of the circus you will enjoy from your children.

Anonymous said...

That was funny! LOL!

"Boomies" huh....now there is one that I haven't ever heard...funny how everyone has their own name for them! We call them "poofs" around here! I can just imagine Mama's face and yours too...hanging in shame. What a great picture from the Chanoli's family dinner table.