Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Dinner time

Tonight at dinner we were having steak, among other things. It was very good, hickory smoked on the BBQ. MMmmmm, delicious.

Chuckles' carnivorous tendencies are starting to show. He is my son.

He devoured his share of meat and asked for more. That's a recent development lately.

After we had all finished there was a small portion of meat left and Chuckles asked, "Can I have that big meat?" (big for him at least)

I told him we could each have half of it and he replied that he would like to come sit on my lap and eat it. As he walked over I pulled the meat platter over and he sat down on my knee. He then wanted his own fork, which Mama promptly handed to him saying that a man should be able to have his own fork when he wants, but I had already offered to let Charlie use my fork. He liked that idea. When I handed him his fork which Mama had handed over he said, "Here, I'll use your fork and you can use mine," to which I agreed and handed him my fork. He handed me his fork and we commenced to cut the meat and split in half each bite I cut, after soaking it in the left over juices. We ate it in great enjoyment together.

Giggles had watched this whole affair and said, "That's good sharing guys!"

Mama and I laughed.





- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Please link to http://www.welovekaren.blogspot.com for current prayer request updates.

Our family thanks you.
Papa Chanoli

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum! I want some steak. That makes the roasted peanuts I am eating right now taste not quite so good anymore :o) And bummer that we're having chicken for dinner.
~howiesgal

Papa Chanoli said...

Ahh, it wasn't very good steak really. Barely comparable to peanuts actually.

And we're having chicken tonight so it kinda' balances out the world for us.

Papa Chanoli said...

Ahh, it wasn't very good steak really. Barely comparable to peanuts actually.

And we're having chicken tonight so it kinda' balances out the world for us.

Papa Chanoli said...

I stuttered.