Thursday, December 14, 2006

By a Hairs Breadth

Mama Chanoli and I came within a hairs breadth of having a date night. I can't even remember the last time we we went out together. All we were going to do was a little Christmas shopping and maybe have an ice cream sundae together, but even that had me excited and looking forward to it.

Poor Chuckles came down with a fever and naturally we are in sick-house mode now. Date night was canceled.

Even still I find myself thankful for my lovely wife and her tireless care for the Chanoli gang.

Christmas is already merry.

Chuckles was just sitting on the couch watching Finding Nemo with Silliness on his lap and his arms wrapped around her. A big brother smile was on his face.

Giggles has taken to some extra drama when she gets upset. Recently she paced around our upstairs in tears hollering, "Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear!" I still don't know what was bothering her, but it was unprecedented cuteness.

Life goes on in the Chanoli house.

Sometimes even laughter pales in comparison to a contented smile.





- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


One among us needs your prayers. Please link to http://www.welovekaren.blogspot.com for current prayer request updates.

Our family thanks you.
Papa Chanoli

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Aww!! I hope when things calm down, date night will be back! I was hoping for something similar this weekend, as my parents are taking the kids for the night on Saturday, but hubby is so starved for social interaction, he invited his sister and her boyfriend over for drinks and cards. Sigh. Goodbye quiet night at home. My son (who's 3) has recently started in on the drama thing too.. when he's upset, he'll sit in his room and cry, and say "It's all my fault!!!". Kids. Who knows?! :)