Monday, December 11, 2006

Snickers, Bubbles and Sweets

Tonight, Chuckles, Giggles and Silliness have their Cousins over. We'll call them Snickers, Bubbles and Sweets. They're a little bit older than the Chanoli gang, but oddly, and almost poetically, they are an older boy and two littler sisters like our children.

Karen, whose update link I keep at the bottom of my posts is their dear mother, and their father whom I'll call Bobblefingers for the sake of the mirth anybody who knows him will find in it, (He'll love me for that)is one of my own dear brothers. I am a fortunate man, in that I have the rare privilege of being able to look up to my younger brothers. They have been instruments of God's grace in my life, as have their wives, and now they and their families are my closest and most valued friends outside of Mama Chanoli and our little ones.

Snickers, Bubbles and Sweets are staying the night with us for a day and night of fun and games. Among the fun things that Mama Chanoli had set in store for us tonight was gingerbread men for dessert. Bubbles provided the blog-worthy entertainment for the evening. As we were eating our gingerbread men we labeled them according to their missing body parts...

"Look, mine's Headless." bellowed Snickers with a laugh.

"I ate my mans arms." laughed Chuckles.

I was busy interrogating mine as to whether it had seen the Muffin Man who lives on Drury Lane.

Holding up her dismembered figure, Bubbles bellowed, "Mines Legolas!"

Mama and I got a good laugh from that.

One more interesting note is that Chuckles and I were mopped up like spilled milk by Snickers, whose hat-trick will likely hold the record for years. He beat us at three out of three games. One of Chutes and Ladders and two of Candyland!

Ouch! I was trying my hardest!







- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


One among us needs your prayers. Please link to http://www.welovekaren.blogspot.com for current prayer request updates.

Our family thanks you.
Papa Chanoli

No comments: