Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Silly Putty

Some faces contort, some distort, others seem to be more like silly putty they are so expressive. That would be Silliness' face.

(Please ignore the time of this post, I'm the midnight cougher right now.)

Since the cold bug is the latest family theme, I will try to describe some of the cold induced, putty-like Silliness I have witnessed today, but first I must build the setting.

Silliness has a 14 month old obsession with tissues. A couple of days ago, while dear Mama Chanoli was trying to keep up with four sicklings, she walked into our living-room and yelped. Silliness bellowed a comedic response. I was coming down the stairs just in time to witness the bellowing and her arms outstretched as if to say she wasn't a party to this crime. Silliness was looking down at where she had just nearly emptied a new box of tissues into a white cloud around her feet.

Silliness then began to scold,(herself?) with her pointer finger pointing in the air and shaking side to side. Her tongue was wagging audibly against her upper lip rapidly, in the time honored way that children say everything and nothing at once while she looked back and forth between Mama and I. Laughing and coughing was the response she got, since scolding from her looks more like an angry songbird sitting on a branch than anything else. Needless to say we've done our best to keep tissues out of her reach since then. This wasn't the first episode in that story.

To add to the picture in your mind, know that when I blow my nose, well, the neighbors might wonder if there's been a foghorn installed in the neighborhood. You've all heard the sound, if not from me, then from somebody else who blows his nose too hard. You'll have to envision that sound fully to get the effect I'm after here.

Yesterday I blew my nose in my way. Naturally before I did, I grabbed a tissue out of the newly formed zip-loc bag of tissues, but an extra tissue drifted to the floor. Silliness pounced on it, but it was only the one tissue so I decided to let her have it.

I blew, the fog rolled in, and the foghorn echoed. Echoed? I wasn't finished so I blew again. Again there was the echo. I looked down at Silliness who had the tissue pressed to her forehead with one hand. Her lips were pressed together doing a near perfect impression of the sound I make blowing my nose.

Laughing, coughing etc...

I was glad I was able to get her to repeat the stunt for Mama later in the day. Some things in life should not be missed.

On that note, take a moment to appreciate the fun parts of the loved ones near you and then click the link below and send a quick prayer up to the God who gave this all to you. Be reminded that the small things in life grow ever more valuable as time goes by, and every one of those small things is given by Gods grace and kindness. To God alone be the glory.




- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


One among us needs your prayers. Please link to http://www.welovekaren.blogspot.com for current prayer request updates.

Our family thanks you.
Papa Chanoli

1 comment:

Marie said...

Ah yes, the tissue box. Right up there with empty cardboard boxes and crowd control posts'n'swags, the greatest non-toy toys of all time.