Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Sleepy Lobes

Chuckles is suffering an unusual malady right now. He told Mama that he has a yawn in his ear. She, being the diligent Mama that she is, immediately informed me so that we could inspect his ear.

I asked him which ear had the yawn. It was his right ear. I had him lay down on the couch so I could take a close look. He was very cooperative. He won't let you put a band-aid anywhere on his body without extreme difficulty, but he'll yield to an ear yawn inspection with no trouble at all.

I looked in his ear for a moment and confirmed the presence of the yawn for him saying, "That's quite a yawn you have in your ear Chuckles."

"Yeah, it's a big yawn." he replied dead-pan.






- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


One among us needs your prayers. Please link to http://www.welovekaren.blogspot.com for current prayer request updates.

Our family thanks you.
Papa Chanoli

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Papa Chanoli called me a couple of days ago and I kept asking who it was. Papa's voice has been dramatically changed by this ugly virus...I couldn't believe it was him. Hope all those coughing spells are over when we get there. It would be nice to visit without putting a strain on your voice, Papa.

I think Chuckles was trying to tell you that his ear is plugged. He can't clear it. Yawning is the answer but he can't seem to make a big enough yawn to clear it out. I totally resemble that right now. I wonder where the term "they're sort of stuffy" comes from? Maybe from the Chanoli gang and Mama and Papa and Gma.

Nan said...

That is so cute! I hope you all get over your yucky bug!

Anonymous said...

Papa you have a real gift for making your family life come alive. Think about saving these posts and putting a book together in a couple of 4 or 5 years. These treasures will be appreciated by so many. Precious!